Popular Posts

Monday 16 April 2012

My thoughts behind "Share our Roads" campaign

It is 2.30am in the morning. We were just finished a long night of confirming many things and trying our best to close the best deals that we could with limited budget getting the maximum production done on the campaign memorabilias. It was so tiring afterwork non stop running here and there just with the core three of us trying to visit as many potential sponsors as possible to try our best to make the up coming event the best that we could bring to all participants, just because of one thing to make us all so determine and focus, that was the love the passion about the true essence of cycling.

Cycling is not just a sport but a sport which can make you healthy and able to connect with people. You have to interact with people around you when you cycle. But only through organizing an event which makes the bond to your cycling buddies much stronger and made me learn a lot from both of them.

I am able to learn to negotiate better with more emotional intelligence involve into my skills. I am able to learn from a good sales personnel how to pitch for a better deal, how to talk smoother and not to be too fast too direct.

I am able to learn how to systematically deal with authorities and government bodies plus government agencies which sometimes are very tedious and time consuming.

Thank you lord for giving me such brothers to learn and excel from. I am fast dynamic and able to think of many ideas in many ways. I thought my public relations skills should be fine but well I have so much room for improvement. I thought I am humble but I am quite egoistic indeed. Thank you lord for giving me some very thoughtful helpful and understanding brothers.

I was in the shower thinking what has happened throughout these few months, many reflections and a voice keep asking me why? Why keep doing this? Why make yourself so tired? Wasted so much of your energy for what? Someone outside really care or not? Then I answer myself, I don't know about the others, but for sure me and my brothers, we truly cares a lot. What we are planning and executing is not just simply for ourselves now but also for the future generations of many Cyclists too, not just in Malaysia, but the impact could be far from what we could imagine, all start from a small group of people all having the same passion, the passion for cycling in a safe environment, to share our roads with all road users.

Share our Roads is a campaign which unites all cyclists, all shop owners, all bicycle dealers suppliers and Road Transport Authorities. Everyone should take up a part as their own responsibility to contribute to the same goal - towards a safer better cycling environment for everyone to share our roads. If everyone is just saying, not my business, start to question what can we do in such a small scale with limited funding etc. If we do not change our mind set and keep thinking like that, nothing could have accomplished at all. Remember Rome doesn't create in one day! All start from scratch and gradually build up and accumulate more.

All of us simply envy in foreign countries how much safer, nicer to cycle there, with so much facilities cater for cyclists, so much law enforcement to ensure the safety of cyclists etc. why not start to do something to make this happen for all of us too here in Malaysia? I am from Hong Kong, I started to learn cycling here in Malaysia, I fell in love for this country and I wanted to make this happen for us here in Malaysia to enjoy our roads shared by every road user. I am doing my little part with my brothers, so are you ready to contribute yours too?

Technology make the news spread fast. You might not even expect that the world is watching us too. So make our "Share our Roads" Campaign count as a Global Influencial event campaign and make our voices known through our Picture Petition counts through your images, make your voices count through the upcoming Ride of Silence Event to honor our fallen cyclists and make sure our safety awareness message are going to be heard worldwide !

No comments:

Post a Comment